The Office of Advancement is responsible for the school’s fundraising policies and programs. Responsibilities include the management of programs for annual giving, capital campaigns, major giving and planned giving. In addition to contributions from alumni, the Office of Advancement also receives gifts from corporations, foundations, faculty, staff, trustees, parents and friends of Catholic education.
Funds to which you can contribute:
- Annual Fund Campaign: The unrestricted Annual Fund plays an enormous role in putting Cathedral on solid financial footing. The June 1, 2011 tornado that swept through Springfield with Cathedral fully in its track makes our need for a successful Annual Fund even greater.
- St. Joseph's Tuition Assistance Fund: These special purpose gifts are temporarily restricted. The funds will be used to assist families of students challenged by tuition cost at Cathedral.
- CHS General Endowment Fund: Endowed scholarships can be established in the name of an individual or loved one. Gifts may be contributed to Cathedral's General Endowment Fund, or for something specific like the library, sciences, professional growth, fine arts, and athletics. The endowment principle can be permanently restricted. Interest income from the principle will be used to provide a permanent source of financial support to help guarantee the future of Cathedral.
Different Ways in which you can support Cathedral
- Cash or Check—Please mail your check, made payable to Cathedral, to:
260 Surrey Road
Springfield, MA 01118-1199
- Credit Card—Cathedral can bill your credit card on a monthly, quarterly or semi-annual basis. Click here.
- Matching Gifts—Many employers match gifts made by their employees. Your employer can provide you with the matching gift form.
- Gifts of Capital—A common way of contributing a substantial sum is by direct transfer of appreciated securities, which will result in significant tax savings for the donor.
- Gifts in your Will—Please consider including Cathedral in your estate plan.
- Gifts of Life Insurance—Using life insurance to make a major gift is an option for donors who no longer need policies that were purchased some years ago. Donors may choose to assign their policies irrevocably to Cathedral and realize an immediate tax deduction in the amount of the policy's current value.
Please link to our secure online donor form to help support Cathedral!For questions please contact Linda McGurn in the Advancement Office at (413) 782-5285 ext 4104.